Friday, October 9, 2009

03. WHAT’S UP WITH PEOPLE NOT KNOWING MY ETHNICITY?


I would like to start this blog by saying that I am not racist, so if I accidently insult or upset someone (OOPS!) I didn’t mean to, hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. Now, straight to my point, if you look to your right you will see a dorky picture of me, there is also one in the “about me” space along with my name; from your knowledge and common sense I want you to ask your self, what is this dude’s ethnicity? For all of you who can’t tell (TIP: get an eye doctor!) I am Hispanic, a full Mexican, born in the state of Chihuahua (yes like the dog!) The only reason I am writing this is because people don’t seem to tell what’s my ethnicity. (Again there are doctors who can help!) When I was in freshman year, my speech teacher, Ms. Gluck (by the way she is now an English teacher, so congratulations) thought I was Indian for some reason. Some students from this school thought I was Asian, I mean I do have small eyes, but let’s not exaggerate! Oh and believe it or not someone thought I was black, again I do have big lips and a big nose, but trust me, unless I was adopted (which I have thought about) or son of a cosmopolitan mail man, I can tell you I am full Mexican and I do speak Spanish, eat beans most of the time, and love spicy food. So let this be a lesson to all, If I don’t have a big “charro” hat over my head or a huge mustache on top of my big lips does not eliminate me from the List of Mexicans. To end this blog I would like to say, that I do love my ethnicity because of its rich culture, but I would love to be half Asian, or Black, or from any other place in the world because we are all the same no matter what (who’s with me?) (PS: I am really not racist, please don’t hate me).

No comments:

Post a Comment