Saturday, January 9, 2010

15. WHAT IS UP WITH GIVING AND RECEIVING AT CHRISTMAS?

I love Christmas! I am the one in my family who puts the tree and the decorations up on Thanksgiving day. And even though this Christmas sucked big time and I didn't get any presents or anything, it is still my favorite holiday and I am sure it will always be. Now let me get to my point. Have you ever received a gift from someone and immediately know who you want to gift it too? I know I have, I even do it with gifts that were not given to me. Of course you do this because the gift doesn't fit you, or perhaps you just didn't like it or was not what you wanted or expected. Even though I do it, and give away my gifts, I still have to say: what is up with giving what you are receiving? Why do we do that? I like to think that a present has more value because it was given with love, or because they simply thought of you. Yet I still want to give away my gift, and it is not because it is better to give than to receive. All I wanted to say is, what is wrong with us, and our bad habits? Is it that we know the present is not for you and in your mind you find the perfect owner, or is it simply because we are ingrates and we don't appreciate our gift? Here is something for you to think about.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment